Impulse for your month

via Pixabay
I don't know where you stand in faith and how's it going on. Maybe everything is fine and you are satisfied with your faith life. But maybe nothing is fine and you are feeling far away from God, more than the distance between moon and earth. There are light years between you and God. You are asking were God is. And your conclusion is that he is somewhere but not close to you.
Sometimes it feels like you are in a desert. There is no water far and wide. No oasis. Nothing but sand and heat.
But believe me, God is there. He is not that far away but he respects you. He doesn't want to impose. He's a gentleman. Maybe it isn't God who is far away...
If you are in such a desert time, take some time to rest and think about all He has done for you, all He has done in your life. Remember all the good things, every blessing he gave to you.
For me, it is helpful to write these things down - e.g. in some kind of prayer diary, blessing diary or on little sheets of paper which I put into a jar or a box. If I am going through such rough times, I grab these scrips or diaries and I read all those things I already experienced with God. Or I read the stories of other people that experienced God in such great ways. It can be so encouraging.
My wish for you is that if you are in such desert times, you find a little haven where you can rest and refill your harassed soul. That there are some people near you, that are close to you and pray for and with you. And that they remind you of all those wonderful blessings you experienced earlier.

Kommentare