Impulse for your Month

via Pixabay
Do you have a treasure chest? If so, what's in it?
I can remember that I had a treasure chest when I was younger. I collected gems in it. Of course I know today that these alleged gems were just worthless pebbles, but they had tremendous value for me at the time.
Why do I tell you that? In Matthew 6:19-21 we can read:
"Do not store up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moths and vermin destroy,and where thieves break in and steal. But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where moths and vermin do not destroy, and where thieves do not break in and steal. For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also."
Maybe we don't have a typical big treasure in an old chest but I am sure everyone has material things on earth wich are important to him. Maybe too important. Because all things on earth can suddenly lose their value. In retrospect, they are worthless like the pebbles in my treasure chest. No matter how valuable they appeared to us beforehand.
What does that mean for my life ? Should I give up everything I have? No, but we should keep reminding ourselves that all of this will eventually be of no use to us. That can be in many years, but it can already be today. With this passage, God wants to remind us of what really matters. That is how full our treasure chests are in heaven. The comparison with the treasure chest in heaven has always helped me a lot. I have often thought. That was something for my treasure chest in heaven.It may have taken some effort on earth and I seem to have no advantage or benefit from it. So it was to the glory of God and to praise him and this will benefit me once more than any treasure in the world. What about you how is your treasure chest full in heaven or on earth?

Kommentare