Impulse for your month

Via Pixabay
Recently I was to write a letter to somebody I haven‘t written to for a long period of time. I was really motivated but for the fact that I couldn‘t find a start. I stared into my screen, the document opened. But there was nothing, only the blinking cursor staring back at me. My brain was as empty as this sheet.
I don‘t know if you sometimes experience situations like that. For me I have to say: I do. There are times and situations where I don‘t know what to say, or what to write, or what to do, or where to go. And that is never a cool situation. But the worst thing is that most times I really want to react, I want to talk, I want to go – but I can‘t. There seems to be a huge gap between what I intend to do and what I am able to do. And because of this limitation I step behind my actual capabilities and hide myself behind an explaining „Sorry, I just can‘t“. Which is a lame excuse, because most times I am pretty well able, except for the knot in my brain.
Oftentimes it only needs a tiny nudge forward and the paralyzation is gone. That‘s why friends are so important. We need people who support us and encourage us. And this has not changed for thousands of years. In the bible there‘s the story of Moses who was sent by God to the Pharao of Egypt. He really was sceptical and mentioned all kinds of „Sorry, I just can‘t“:

Moses said to the Lord, “Pardon your servant, Lord. I have never been eloquent, neither in the past nor since you have spoken to your servant. I am slow of speech and tongue.” The Lord said to him, “Who gave human beings their mouths? Who makes them deaf or mute? Who gives them sight or makes them blind? Is it not I, the Lord? Now go; I will help you speak and will teach you what to say.”
Exodus 4, 10-12

And God answers and encourages Moses to go. (To be honest, this was not really a tiny nudge, but a real big one. But it was a nudge nevertheless).

This story is inspiring. Because it says that it is ok if am at loss with a situation and don‘t know what to say or what to do. It is inspiring because I don‘t have to fear that I remain stuck in a situation of that kind, because God will encourage me. It is inspiring because God doesn‘t only say a few nice words and is off again. He promises to go with me and help me on the way.
This is what He promised Moses thousands of years ago, and He makes this promise nowadays as well. Towards you.

Kommentare