Impulse for your month

via naturparkfotos.de
Today I wanna tell you a story.

There, a water carrier used a rod with 2 buckets. Everyday he went to a waterhole which was far away to get some water. One of the buckets had a little leak so half of the water was gouting on his way home. It didn't bother the dogsbody and he didn't tinker the bucket. After a while the holey bucket felt bad. He had the feeling that the other bucket was a really good one because of not leaking the water. But he was just a broken bucket. When the water carrier once went home again with the 2 buckets on his shoulders, the broken bucket said to the water carrier: "I'm feeling so bad because I have a leak and the water is gouting. The other buckets brings the whole water home."  The water carrier replied: "While we are going here, sight the wayside on the right and on the left side." When they arrived at home, he sat next to the leaky water bucket and asked him: "What did you see?" The water bucket replied: "On that side where you carry me, flowers are growing." And the water carrier added: "Yes, that's right. Deliberately I carried you everytime on the same side and scattered there flower seeds. On the other side nothing is growing. But there where your water is gouting, flowers are growing. And so I always have some wonderful flowers at home."

Do you feel sometimes like the bucket with the little leak?
Sometimes self-doubts fester on us.
Can I do something?
What can I do?
Who am I?
Can God use me?
Does He need me?

Yes, He needs you! Even when you are like the bucket that's leaking water.

"There is no telling
what God can make from the fragments of our lives,
if we leave them entirely to Him."
Blaise Pascal (loosely translated)

Kommentare